Coronavirus - what vitamins and minerals will help?
A very dangerous microscopic creature walks the planet and multiplies in human organisms.
Covid-19 coronavirus is dangerous not only for senior citizens but also for those who have weak immunity. Fortunately very serious measures have been taken in the world to minimize the spread of the epidemic. But helping yourself is still worth it - all the more so, ARVI has not gone anywhere, and you can catch a cold from every gust of wind.
So, the British nutritionist George Murphy named the following substances that can enhance immunity:
1. Vitamin C - it would be strange to start not from it.
Vitamin C in the blood promotes the production of white blood cells and it is they who begin the fight against infection, being antioxidants. White blood cells also destroy free radicals that hit the immune system. It’s best to eat foods rich in vitamin C, such as kiwi, orange juice and oranges, apples, potatoes and Brussels sprouts themselves.
2. Vitamin E - it is "engaged" in the deactivation of free radicals helping the body fight the pathogens. In this regard eat nuts, eggs, liver, eat sunflower seeds, vegetable oils. Vitamin E is also found in leafy and dark green leafy vegetables, asparagus, avocados.
3. Vitamin D is another aid in the event of an organism struggling with coronavirus. It stimulates the defenses. Lack of substance threatens autoimmune diseases and there is not far from re-infection. Recall that vitamin D is found in foods such as oily fish, red meat, liver and egg yolks.
4. Zinc - it also stimulates our immune system, and then will provide good assistance in overcoming the common cold. Beef, eggs, white beans, lentils, edam and parmesan cheeses, oats, yellow peas, as well as whole grain and rye bread - these are a set of zinc-rich foods.
5. Beta-glucans - these substances are in mushrooms. They also perform stimulation of the immune system.
6. Iron - when there is a shortage of it (as MedicForum writes), the body also becomes more vulnerable to infections. And again you need to eat red meat, liver, as well as eat pumpkin seeds, turkey meat, offal, legumes, dark chocolate, tofu, quinoa.
Yes, there is no mass vaccine yet, but you need to take care of yourself. Good immunity, strengthened in a natural way, has not prevented anyone, and during coronavirus infection it became even more relevant.
Health to all!